物品 "RM Sotheby's"

博客文關於 "RM Sotheby's"

Shelby Cobra超級跑車首次刷新RM Sotheby’s蘇富比美國紀錄
Shelby Cobra CSX 2000 在前幾個週末的RM Sotheby’s蘇富比拍賣會上首次創下一個新歷史。以一億六百多萬元港幣(一千三百七十五萬美元)售出,創新美國汽車新紀錄。

成交價 "RM Sotheby's "

1956 Mercury Montclair Hard Top
351cu. in. V8 engine, automatic transmission, fenderskirts, continental kit, wide white wall tires and dual exhaust. Frame-off restoration, everything rebuilt including the engine, tranmission and front end suspension.\n\n351cu. in. V8 engine, automatic transmission, fenderskirts, continental kit, wide white wall tires and dual exhaust. Frame-off restoration, everything rebuilt including the engine, tranmission and front end suspension.\n\nChassis no. 56SL105376M RM Sotheby's
1930 Packard Eight Sport Phaeton
Series 733. 90 bhp, 319.2 cu. in. L-head inline eight-cylinder engine, four-speed manual transmission, solid front and live rear axles with semi-elliptic leaf-spring suspension, and four-wheel mechanical drum brakes. Wheelbase: 134.5 in.\n\nOne of Packard’s most famous 1930s body styles\nA well-presented older restoration\nExcellent touring car\n\nPackard introduced its seventh series cars on September 12, 1929. Black Tuesday, October 29th, the day the stock market crashed, was more than a month away, and its prospects were bright. At month’s end, President Alvan Macaulay pronounced it “the greatest month in [the company’s] history.” Little did he know what would follow.\n\nStill, it took some time for hard times to settle in. Auto sales had been riding high in 1929; in fact, the year would set a new record for the industry, with some 4.4 million passenger cars being sold. The seventh series Packards had a new look. Designer Raymond Dietrich had taken the theme of the 1929 Deluxe Eight and applied it to the whole 1930 line. There were new headlamps, and the side lamps were moved from the cowl to the wings. Lower and sleeker than their predecessors, the new cars set the stage for a new design idiom for the 1930s.\n\nPackard sales decreased only modestly in the first quarter of the 1930 model year, but by spring, the work week had been shortened and redundancies began. When the model year ended the following August, sales were off by a third. The Standard Eight cars, however, fared much better than the Senior Deluxe and Custom Eight, in part due to their lower prices.\n\nThe dual-cowl Sport Phaeton offered here is recorded by its original cowl tag as having been delivered by the Norman Packard Company on July 2, 1930. It is finished in a subtle combination of creamy tan with mocha brown fenders and brown leather upholstery, and it is very nicely equipped with the “feathered bail” radiator cap, dual mirrors, dual side-mounts, sporting disc wheels, and dual lights, as well as the famous second cowl, which protects rear seat passengers’ hair from windy conditions. Reportedly, it was the recipient of a very extensive engine rebuild, which included an updated electric fuel pump, and it has covered some 500 miles in its present ownership. It is reported to be an excellent runner and driver, and it that is ideal for touring. Addendum Please note that this is not an original Sport Phaeton body and that it was created using a Sedan as the basis.\n\nVehicle no. 301177 RM Sotheby's
1966 Shelby 427 Cobra Roadster
427 cu. in. Ford V-8 engine with dual four-barrel carburetors, four-speed manual transmission, four-wheel coil spring independent suspension, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes. Wheelbase: 90"\n\n• A highly original example with three owners from new\n• Single ownership for three decades\n• Carefully maintained with fewer than 11,000 original miles\n• Documented in Shelby American World Registry; copy of original invoice\n\nThe thundering Shelby Cobra is unquestionably one of the most important American performance icons of the 20th century. Rooted in the brilliant racing career and boundless grit of its creator Carroll Shelby, the Cobra singlehandedly vaulted Ford Motor Company’s “Total Performance” corporate racing program onto the international stage and marked a crucial step in Ford’s eventual dominance over archrival Ferrari at Le Mans during the 1960s.\n\nWith Shelby’s leadership, the era’s top drivers and a “dream team” including Ken Miles, Phil Remington, Pete Brock and many other racing luminaries in the background, the Ford-powered, AC Ace-derived Cobra was brutally quick and dead reliable, quickly earning its stripes and winning virtually everywhere it appeared. The Cobra won the U.S. Manufacturer’s Championship three years running in 1963, 1964 and 1965, and with sleek Pete Brock-designed Daytona Coupe bodywork, Shelby American Inc. won the hotly contested 1965 FIA World Manufacturer’s Championship.\n\n427 Cobra\n\nAlthough the 289 Cobra was proven and immensely successful, more power was needed to stay competitive. Since Ford’s 289 V-8 reached its reliability limit at 385 hp, Shelby’s stalwart driver and engineer, Ken Miles, surmised an even bigger engine might work within the trim confines of the Cobra. If there was any doubt about the need, it evaporated when the Shelby team went to Nassau for the 1963 Speed Week, where Chevrolet’s new Corvette Grand Sports were lapping more than nine seconds quicker than the small-block Cobras!\n\nHowever, while Shelby was initially promised a new aluminum-block version of Ford’s 390 FE engine, internal resistance from the NASCAR faction within Ford forced a switch to the heavier cast-iron 427. Although powerful, proven and reliable at 500 bhp and beyond, it was heavier and therefore necessitated a complete redesign of the Cobra’s chassis to ensure proper handling. The new chassis measured five inches wider, with coil springs all around, and with development help from Ford’s engineering department, the 427 Cobra was born.\n\nThe cars were brutally fast. Driving one continues to be a mind-bending experience. One of the most memorable stories about the 427 Cobra involves a test arranged for Sports Car Graphic magazine by Shelby’s Ken Miles. A few years earlier, Aston Martin claimed that their DB4 was capable of accelerating from zero to 100 mph and back down to zero in less than 30 seconds. Miles had the idea to restage the test using the new 427 Cobra. The result, according to SCG editor Jerry Titus, was an astounding 13.2 seconds!\n\nShelby’s big-block cars were never mass-produced, with just over 300 built, including 260 street cars, 23 full-competition cars and 27 S/C (semi-competition) Cobras. In all forms, the 427 Cobra was a mighty racing car and virtually unbeatable on the road.\n\nCSX3228\n\nToday, it is exceedingly difficult to find a good original and unrestored car like CSX3228, the Cobra offered here. It is documented in the Shelby American World Register, and according to the invoice from AC Cars to Shelby American dated March 10, 1966, CSX3228 was originally finished in red acrylic paint with black upholstery, the color scheme it retains today, and powered by a 428 V-8, as per its 3200-series CSX number. Once complete, it was shipped to Henderson Ford Sales of Ann Arbor, Michigan, from where it was eventually shipped to Jack Loftus Ford of Hinsdale, Illinois.\n\nThe first known owner of CSX3228 was John Kaufman of Canton, Ohio, who retained it until it was sold to James Weigle of Parkersburg, West Virginia during the summer of 1976, with the car having accumulated just 9,300 miles by then. According to the Shelby Registry, CSX3228 was described by Mr. Weigle as having been somewhat dismantled with two engines near the car, one being a proper cross-bolted 427, which is the engine he took with the car. Mr. Weigle reassembled the Cobra and retained it for the next 30 years until mid-2006, adding only about 1,100 miles and rejecting repeated offers to sell the car. Remarkably, while the original paintwork was selectively repaired, the Cobra remained unrestored and retained the original interior upholstery, while the excellent soft-top dated at least to Mr. Weigle’s purchase of CSX3228 in 1976.\n\nIn 2006, the current owner acquired CSX3228 from Mr. Weigle, and it was exported to Austria, where it is currently registered. Upon its arrival, the car was tucked away within the owner’s private automobile collection and, in 2007, received a bare-metal repaint, as very little of the factory-original finish remained on the car due to the paintwork performed over the years. The Cobra has been serviced annually, with the current owner logging only about 300 additional miles, most of them accumulated on return trips from the aforementioned regular service appointments. Most recently, the brake fluid was changed, and the carburetors, starter and motor oil were checked prior to the car’s shipment for sale.\n\nIt is a truly rare occasion to find a correct, highly original and unrestored 427 Cobra with no known accident history and only three owners from new. In particular, CSX3228 is well known to Shelby aficionados, highly documented within the Shelby American World Registry and complete with a copy of the original invoice from A.C. Cars to Shelby American. Furthermore, with just three owners and fewer than 11,000 original miles from new, CSX3228 “ticks all the boxes” for desirability and enduring value in today’s market and is offered complete with its original factory soft-top and side curtains. Its recent exterior refinish is excellent, the interior remains original and highly attractive, and the car is simply an excellent, “no stories” example of this legendary breed. Representing both the ultimate American sports car and the eventual victor in the epic “Cobra vs. Ferrari” wars of the 1960s, CSX3228 is supremely desirable, combining both investment potential and, of course, enormous levels of race-bred performance.\n\nChassis no. CSX3228 RM Sotheby's
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon (Marmon-Herrington)
Model 69A. 100 bhp, 239 cu. in. Flathead V8 engine, four-speed manual transmission, live front axle with longitudinal semi-elliptic leaf springs and quarter-elliptic torque springs, live rear axle with transverse semi-elliptic leaf spring, four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 114"\n\nMarmon-Herrington, Incorporated, of Indianapolis, Indiana, began converting Ford cars and trucks to four-wheel drive in 1937. The company, originally formed to build all-wheel drive military vehicles, was kept busy during World War II building combat tanks and trucks, as well as wreckers and winch trucks for barrage balloons.\n\nAt war’s end, the company embarked on a program of diversification, entering the market for multi-stop delivery vehicles. The Delivr-All was a short-wheelbase van with a removable front axle and engine unit. Equipped for standing or seated drivers, it was built from 1945 to 1952. Marmon-Herrington also built some buses and trolleys.\n\nProduction of converted Fords resumed in 1946, using the new 69A models as a basis. These continued through the end of 89A production in June 1948. Six cylinder engines became available near the end. Thereafter, conversions were confined to F-1, F-3 and F-4 trucks. In 1950, production began on a Ranger model, a conversion of an F-1 panel truck in the four-wheel drive Suburban idiom. The advent of factory four-wheel drive at Ford in 1959, however, put an end to the long record of Marmon-Herrington conversions.\n\nThe truck business was spun off as Marmon Motor Company in 1963. It closed in 1997. Marmon-Herrington, however, survives as a supplier of axles and transfer cases for large trucks and specialty vehicles.\n\nThis super deluxe station wagon is an excellent example of a postwar Marmon-Herrington four-wheel drive conversion, Owned originally by Utah Mining Co., unlike most M-H vehicles it was not subjected to extreme use or rough treatment and was in remarkable original condition although dissembled when first seen by Nick.\n\nAll contours are correct, and the body exhibits original Birch frame wood with contrasting Mahogany panels beneath 10 coats of varnish. The doors shut well and have even gaps. All glass is excellent, and the roof is covered in new black artificial leather. Brightwork is superb all around, as is the running board rubber.\n\nThe seats are newly upholstered in tan leather, the front with lap belts for two. There are new black rubber floor mats front and rear. The dashboard has been restored, and is attractive with excellent plastic and restored instruments. The electric clock, however, is missing its stem knob.\n\nThe 59AB engine is appropriately detailed in blue, and the black chassis and underbody are very clean. Last summer, Nick drove the car from Los Angeles to Encinitas and back to participate in Wavecrest, one of the most important woodie events, where in excess of 250 woodies crowd the parking lot annually at Moonlight Beach. Cruising down Hwy 5 at 75 mph was facilitated with the additional horsepower from the four-inch Mercury crankshaft and later Mercury camshaft, expertly modified by Alexander Restoration’s Tim Krehbiel. The car is fitted with 7.00-15 Goodyear blackwalls with mud and snow tread. There is a matching tailgate-mounted spare, with no cover. The hub caps are 1939 standard-style, as used on the Marmon-Herringtons, with 15-inch tires.\n\nA Dearborn Award winner, it was judged at 999 points at Abilene, Texas, in 2005. The lost point was deducted for a misrouted fuel line. Further inspection showed the line to be properly routed., The car is registered with California year-of-manufacture plates 1P9926, which are included in the sale. The current indicated mileage is just under 33,000. This car represents the chance to acquire a Marmon-Herrington woodie that nears perfection. Addendum MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss tt\n\nChassis no. 99A1047689 RM Sotheby's
1937 Ford Deluxe Panel Delivery
Model 78. 85hp, 221 cu. in. L-head vee eight-cylinder engine, three-speed manual transmission, live axle suspension with transverse leaf springs, four-wheel mechanically-actuated drum brakes. Wheelbase: 106"\n\nIn 1937 Ford built 42 Model 78 Deluxe Panel Delivery vans as an educational fleet to promote sales of Ford parts and accessories to dealers. The Dingman Collection’s example is the only known survivor, the others having lost their identity at the end of their year’s service when they were stripped of their special equipment, painted black and sold as used company fleet vehicles.\n\nThe Dingman collections Panel Delivery was conscientiously researched and restored over a three year period by Ford historian Roy Nacewicz. Its restoration included years of searching to find examples of the original equipment and displays that were part of the Parts and Accessories “Instruction Panels”, as they were described by Ford. It is one of a kind.\n\nFar more importantly, it is a unique look at the transition that Ford sales went through in the Thirties.\n\nHenry Ford believed that consumers “pulled” automobiles through the pipeline of raw materials, blast furnaces, assembly plants and dealers based solely upon their utility. He disapproved of selling almost as much as he did of styling and design as a contrived way of “pushing” automobiles on consumers based on fabricated perceptions of value. His famous $5 a day wage endorsed in the most tangible way possible – the firmness of his conviction, by taking money out of his own pocket, as the owner of the Ford Motor Company, and putting it into the pockets of his workers where they could spend it to acquire the advantages of automobile ownership.\n\nFord’s relationship with its dealers had long been adversarial. In the days of the Model T a Ford dealership had been a license to print money and Ford treated it that way. Field representatives were more enforcers than motivators, reporting back to Ford on transgressions of Ford’s many rules, from appearance and procedures to smoking and language. This began to change when William Cowling was appointed General Sales Manager in 1931, ably assisted by John Davis. Cowling and Davis traveled incessantly, visiting dealers, listening to their complaints and suggestions and exhorting them (in Cowling’s case rather flamboyantly) to emphasize the advantages of Ford products.\n\nHenry did not make it easy. After the Model A’s successful introduction he cut dealer’s discounts from 20 to 17.5%. Cowling got it raised to 22% in 1931. That was above Chrysler’s 21% but still well short of General Motors’ 24%, and dealers for those manufacturers had the advantage of selling more expensive lines that produced greater unit profits. Henry’s widely publicized prejudices offended significant groups of customers. Breweries didn’t buy Fords while Henry was preaching the evils of alcohol. Tobacco companies were equally put off by his campaign against smoking. His anti-Semitic comments did nothing to encourage Ford buying, and neither did his public opposition to Roosevelt’s New Deal or to unions.\n\nCowling and Davis, with Edsel Ford’s support and encouragement, made immediate strides in creating a favorable public image for Ford. Advertising was vastly expanded, including sponsoring twice-weekly radio broadcasts by Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians. They organized a glittering display at the Century of Progress World’s Fair in Chicago. On an 11-acre lakefront site of which five acres, the Ford Gardens, were devoted to a park, Ford presented five separate exhibits including a history of industry drawn from the newly-opened Greenfield Village; the Ford Drama of Transportation in the gear-shaped Ford Rotunda building; an exhibit of 40 modern manufacturing operations; an [inevitable] exhibit of the benefits of soybeans; and the Road of the World depicting highways from ancient to modern times that ended with rides in Ford cars on an elevated road.\n\nCowling and Davis worked constantly and ultimately successfully to rebuild and improve Ford’s dealer relationships. They provided tools and materials for more effective selling. They helped dealers manage the increasingly important challenge of dealing with used car trade-ins, a matter that had become crucial to sales in the Thirties and exacerbated the pressure on Ford’s already-slim new car sales commissions. A $20 loss on a trade-in was life-threatening when the profit on a new car sale was only $130.\n\nThey also developed and helped dealers sell profit-enhancing extensions to selling automobiles, like the traveling Parts and Accessories Sales Development program of which this 1937 Ford Panel Delivery was an essential element. It’s hard to stress enough the efficacy of programs like Parts and Accessories Sales Development in improving the health and morale of Ford’s dealers and its distribution channel. $10 or $20 spent on dual sun visors, outside spotlights, “winter front” radiator shrouds and dual windshield wipers could be the difference between success and failure for Ford dealers.\n\nRoy Nacewicz discovered this 1937 Ford Panel Delivery outside a gas station in Springfield, Ohio in 1974 when he stopped for gas. It had been rescued from service as a chicken coop (really!) by some hot rodders who had already chalk-lined the sides in preparation for chopping it. Thinking it deserved a better fate, Nacewicz brought it home where it sat for several years (“I had a real job at the time,” he remembers) until he began to chemical strip the wood framed body in preparation for restoring it. “I found strange colors, indicative of the corporate colors of the era,” he recalled. “I got into the Ford archives to do some research and realizing I’d found something special got more careful as I stripped the ad panel area. Then I found the faint outline of the old enamel sign painting” which had been quickly removed before the Panel Delivery was painted black and sold off.\n\nRestoration continued, now with the additional task of identifying the materials which formed part of the Sales Development program. Many were found at swap meets or through contact with other Ford enthusiasts including the battery display rack which was mounted to the Panel Delivery’s floor with a set of Ford motor mounts turned upside down. The original wooden floor boards still had the motor mount bolt holes in the precise locations. The real challenge turned out to be the file cabinets. “These were standard Ford file cabinets, used throughout the company,” Nacewicz remembers. “In the Fifties or Sixties Ford changed over to Steelcase furniture and sold off all the old oak desks, filing cabinets and other office furniture to employees and others. They had disappeared. I was moaning about it one day and a neighbor asked how many I wanted, a hundred? It turned out his father had bought a garage full, and there they were, right across the street.”\n\nCompleted in 1982, the restoration included a complete outfit of promotional, instructional and demonstration materials as outlined in the factory sales department literature that was found in the Ford archives. The 1937 Panel Delivery itself was outfitted with a variety of the accessories featured in the Parts and Accessories Sales Development program, including DeLuxe hubcaps and spoke covers, clock, sun visors, vanity mirror, side mirror and dual windshield wipers.\n\nCarefully and meticulously restored, this 1937 Ford Panel Delivery was first shown at the Early Ford V-8 meet in Kansas City where it won its Dearborn Award. Finished in Ford’s corporate blue-green (a color chosen by William Cowley), with a black accent pin stripe and cream wheels, the interior is upholstered and trimmed in tobacco brown with a carefully wood-grained dashboard and a banjo-spoke steering wheel. It has been carefully and consistently maintained since completion of the restoration and is today in outstanding condition, especially considering the age of the restoration which speaks volumes about its thoroughness and workmanship.\n\nSuccess or failure of the Parts and Accessories Sales Development program aside, the Dingman Collection’s 1937 Ford Model 78 DeLuxe Panel Delivery offers a rare and revealing insight into the efforts which were being made within Ford to improve its sales and particularly the financial success of its dealers. The only known survivor of the 42 built, its condition and equipment are a certain draw for spectators and judges alike, a unique combination of classic Ford styling, utility and Ford Motor Company history.\n\nChassis no. 183608035 RM Sotheby's

找住址和電話號碼於 RM Sotheby's

Canada
One Classic Car Drive
Blenheim, Ontario
N0P 1A0 Canada
T: +1 519 352 4575
United Kingdom
46a Carnaby Street
London,
W1F 9PS United Kingdom
T: +44 (0) 20 7851 7070
India
5536 County Rd. 11A
Auburn, Indiana
46706 United States
T: +1 260 927 9797
California, USA
9510 West Jefferson Boulevard
Culver City, California
90232 United States
T: +1 310 559 4575
Germany
Dorotheenstr. 65C
22301 Hamburg,
Germany
T: +49 (0) 40 441 95 737
Florida
7668 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, Florida
34997 United States
T: +1 954 566 2209
廣告